IMPOSCAR2 IS THE MULTI-AWARD WINNING REIMAGINATION OF THE OSCAR®.
If you’re not familiar with the impOSCar then you’re in for a real treat. However, if you fell in love with it first time around, be prepared to fall in love all over again.
impOSCar2 reimagines the UK-built 80s classic and soars to new sonic heights via steroid injections of innovative features and enhancements, each designed around the wishes of those musicians, programmers and producers who loved the original.
impOSCar2 comes with a 1000+ Patch library featuring sounds created by original OSCar users including Billy Currie (Ultravox), Darren Price & Rick Smith (Underworld), Paul Hartnol (Orbital), & Paul Wiffen (the original OSCar sound designer and programmer for Stevie Wonder & Jean Michel Jarre).
ImpOSCar2 affords both additive and subtractive synthesis types but as you would expect we’ve made a plethora of additions that should keep even the most ardent synth programmer happy.
In the Oscillator section both oscillators have independent pulse width control, for more control over the PWM and Rectangle Waveforms.
SCREAMING LIKE A BASTARD
The Unison Section helps take the classic OSCar sound to awe inspiring new heights! Utilising the various Mono and Poly Unison modes allows the creation of anything from screaming-bastard Unison Leads right up to mammoth 8 Voice Poly Unison stacks with 16 note polyphony. Additionally enhancing the sonic possibilities the unison detune knob takes unison voice tuning from subtle to insane for the phatest sound ever to come out of a virtual synth. We didn’t stop there either. A Unison Spread knob enables each unison voice to be spread across the stereo spectrum for bombastically spacious chords or leads.
In the Unison Section there’s the ability to apply different glide times to each unison voice when using Portamento or Glissando – a wonderful feature borrowed from the classic OB-8.
PAN & INDIVIDUAL NOTE SPREAD
The five Pan Modes and individual Note Spread, means impOSCar2 can be tailored to fit within a mix regardless of whether the remit is a tightly focussed patch or a super-spacious texture across a vast stereo spectrum.
Residing in the Mix Section, is a two-mode ring modulator which now helps you create a vast array of new textures from musical to subtle and to abstract and beyond.
The Aux Mod section has been grafted onto the instrument and offers destinations including Oscillator 2 Pitch, Osc1 Pulse Width, Osc2 Pulse Width, Osc1&2 Pulse Width, Filter Separation, Filter Resonance (Q), Oscillator Mix and Noise Mix. When combined with LFO1 and/or the freshly added LFO2 and LFO Balance Controls, again, the net result is anything from complex modulated timbres to ever shifting organic sounding textures.
3 GUI SIZES
impOSCar2 comes with Small (840), [default] Regular (1024) & Large (1600 pixel width) versions.
- Multi-award winning recreation of the OSCar
- 1000+ Patch library featuring sounds created by original OSCar users inc Billy Currie (Ultravox) Darren Price & Rick Smith (Underworld) & Paul Wiffen (the original OSCar sound designer and programmer for Stevie Wonder & Jean Michel Jarre).
- Two Oscillators & 13 Waveforms & Additive synthesis
- Mono, Duo, Poly with Mono Unison & Poly Unison Modes
- Aux Mod Section with comprehensive routing
- Programmable Additive Wave Matrix Grid
- Nine Filter Types with Drive, Cutoff, Q and Separation.
- Chord Memory and single note retrigger
- 6 Portamento modes with new Unison glide voice spread
- Unison Voice Pan, Note Pan Modes
- Programmable Velocity Responses and New Aftertouch
- Improved Arpeggiator
- Instrument and Effects Versions
- Small, Regular or Large Interface Sizes
- Ring Modulator, Chorus Modes
- Polyphonic and channel aftertouch, Velocity Response Controls
impOSCar2 is a virtual instrument in the following formats:
- MAC StandaloneApplication-AudioUnit-RTAS-VST
- PC Standalone-VST
The Minimum System Requirements are as follows:
- Intel Mac
- macOS 10.7+
- Intel Pentium IV 1GHz with 1GB RAM
- Windows XP SP2