Softube Weiss DS1-MK3
Mastering compression, limiting, and de-essing without compromise. Every mastering engineer’s fondest dream is about to come true.
A line-by-line code port of the legendary Weiss DS1-MK3 mastering processor; the unit no serious mastering engineer can do without is now a plug-in for the first time.
Purchase of the DS1-MK3 also includes the new Weiss MM-1 intelligent Mastering Maximizer plug-in.
Since its launch in the 1990s the Weiss DS1 has become an absolute gold-standard unit, indispensable in mastering studios around the world despite a premium price tag. Its transparency, unparalleled versatility, and exceptional sound quality make it a must-have, heard (or rather not heard) on pretty much any major record you’d care to mention from the last twenty years. And in that time updates and improvements by Weiss have led to the near-perfection of the DS1-MK3.
- Officially licensed and endorsed by Daniel Weiss himself.
- Not an emulation, but a line-by-line code port of the original digital hardware.
- Exactly the same processor as the $10,000 original, at a fraction of the cost.
- Three processors in one; de-ess, compress, and limit, with the industry standard tool.
- Processes at resolutions of up to 32 bit/192 kHz for exceptional sound quality.
- Advanced metering - waveform view.
- Featuring presets from Bob Katz.
- Truly versatile de-essing. Choose your own filters, adjust frequency, and tailor the process to your needs working in stereo or mid-sides.
- Digital compressor can operate at speeds no analog unit ever could, and offers you total control.
- Two brand-new advanced limiter algorithms included, as well as the Weiss original.
- Run multiple instances of this legendary unit on the same mix at no extra cost.
- Nothing sounds as clean, as transparent, as good. That’s why the hardware is in every major mastering studio in the world.
- Purchase of the DS1-MK3 also includes the new Weiss MM-1 intelligent Mastering Maximizer plug-in.