Tube-Tech Complete collection
Often the best route to a stellar mix in the box is to have a straightforward, consistent, and effective approach across many or all of your channels. Using channelstrip plug-ins can emulate the analog console workflow in a pleasing and time-saving way, but does it sound as good as ‘the real thing’? Well put it this way: a little character can go a long way.
Comprised of three separate units, the passive tube-driven PE 1C and ME 1B ‘Pultec’-style equalizers and the world-famous CL 1B optical compressor, the Tube-Tech classic channel is not a typical strip. It tastefully warms and saturates any sound source with its tube-stages, and gently levels them with its slow, smooth compression.
The Mk II version benefits from all the sonic improvements to its component parts – a complete ground-up remodel of the CL 1B, and an update to the EQs using our very latest signal processing technology – as well as having stunning new high-resolution graphics and additional features.
Mid/side processing opens this unit up for the first time to serious applications of stereo-image management – compress and EQ your kick and snare differently from your overheads, for example, for a wider, or more compact drum mix. Or in mastering, gently balance the vocal against the rest of the track by low-cutting the detector circuit of the ‘mid’ portion of the signal and homing in on exactly what you need.
With the equalizers you can shape the sound of a track, a bus or a whole mix within seconds. The highs sound smooth and gentle, the mid-range airy and focused, and the lows full and fat, almost at any setting.
Forget about precise and minute tweaks with 0.1 dB read-outs. The Classic Channel is simply about getting the best sound possible, and the way to get there is easy. Turn the knobs, and you'll see.
The Tube-Tech Mk II Complete Collection includes the Classic Channel Mk II, the individual Mk II plug-ins (the combined Tube-Tech Mk II equalizer and the CL 1B Mk II compressor), and all the original legacy plug-ins (Classic Channel, PE 1C and ME 1B equalizers, and the CL 1B compressor).
- Improved sound, with a total remodel of the CL 1B, along with an update to the EQs using our latest signal processing technology.
- New features – mid/side processing, and in the CL 1B, side-chain low-cut filters and parallel blend.
- Spectacular new high-resolution graphics.
- Still the same epic audio processors they always were.
- A ‘Pultec’-style low and high end equalizer.
- Mid-range equalizer with the same passive, tube-driven design.
- The CL 1B optical compressor - a modern classic in a plethora of genres.
- Legacy plug-ins included.